I have seen these on Pinterest and have been dying to try and make one. They seem like such a great compromise between fashion and function. Just my thing for being a new mom. I finally found this supper easy tutorial that used jersey knit material, and I just so happened to have enough of that old sheet left to try it out.
Here is her tutorial. Super easy to follow. It came out great…. well, almost great.
- Easy. It took me 15 min tops.
- Functional and fashionable. Best of both worlds.
- You can wear it pre-baby or for non-nursing days. It’s cute.
- Inexpensive. Cost of materials is minimal. (for me it was FREE)
- Jersey knit is heavy. It would be great in Maine, but not in Texas summer.
Win or Fail:
Definitely a win. I am going to go find some light weight fabric and try this again. You can wear it a hundred different ways, and it can fold up to fit in the diaper bag or purse.
Here is a shot of mine. There was still a tiny hole where the dog had chewed… so I covered it up with a cute swatch of fabric. Barely noticeable when you wear it.