I walked into 2018 with the word “Intentional” on my mind. I wanted to begin living more intentionally, doing things more intentionally. Make things happen!
How often have you told that friend, “We should get together”, but never do? How many times have you told yourself you were going to eat better and go to the gym, but never made it past day 2? When is the last time you took half a day and dedicated it to self care and unplugged?
I know. That was my reaction, too.
I know I cannot change my world in one day, but I also know that small changes lead to bigger ones and the good changes do not happen by accident. Those type of changes take intention and hard work.
I began by putting things on the calendar that I wanted to MAKE happen.
- Date Night
- Me Time
- Ladies Night
- Journaling, Blogging, Writing Time
- Lunch or Dinner Dates with Friends
- Family Days
Guess what? 95% of those things HAPPENED! (I was sick one of the times)
It feels so good!
So far I have:
- Opened a new bank account
- Had lunch dates
- Went on multiple dates with my spouse *gasp*
- Had quiet time to myself to recharge and pour into my hobbies
- Created an account with Kindle Direct Publishing
- Took a beginners Fencing Class
- Went to the gym and on some good walks
- Stuck to my eating plan (for the most part)
- Made an Eye Doctor Appointment
- Had a Game Night with friends
I have been on an emotional roller-coaster these past few weeks, but it feels amazing to DO the things I’ve WISHED for so long to have to the time to do.
Something else that I have started is “Journal Prompt Thursday” over on my Instagram
Come join me on Instagram: Looking Through Blue Eyes and dig deeper this year through Purposeful Journaling and Intentional Living!